Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Floods, floods!

I went downtown without the least trace of enthusiasm. It was hot and humid. I however needed to copy something, namely Hugh of St. Victor's Didascalion. I did, I wandered around the neighbourhood where the copy place is (okay, there might be many others so I possibly don't have to go to the other side of the river and such but.. anyways) in a desperate effort to find a post office. There was none; I wonder how a busy neighbourhood can survive without one but maybe they use carrier pigeons, who cares.
I moved into another part of the town, went for a coffee and to read a bit of the Didascalion with it to a bookstore cafe. The personnel was discussing yesterday's rain, how it flooded the storeroom and destroyed a heap of books. When I was leaving, they were just piling them in front of the bookshop to be taken away.

The season of two tank tops per day started. Since I don't have that many clothes as to survive without being stinky for the whole week, I tossed a handful of laundry to the washing machine and went to the post office. Once in a long time I didn't check the hose, once in a long time it was fallen on the floor so when I came back, there was a centimetre of water in the whole place.

I see a pattern. Hopefully a new one appears.

Totally off-topic: One special link for Alpaca Granny. (I couldn't resist.)

Labels: ,